ROUTINE SERVICE & INSPECTION
The ‘Routine Service & Inspection’ is available to all customers that either require their door to be checked and inspected for safety, to have a routine service, or have a fault that requires diagnoses and repair. If the door has already had a safety inspection by ourselves within the past 12 months, you may require a ‘Standard Call Out’ instead. The main emphasis on the works is safety inspection, but includes general servicing, adjustment, electrical & mechanical fault finding, and minor repairs. Any major repairs or safety upgrades will be detailed within a report and quoted for separately.
- A safety inspection to ensure doors are correctly operational and up to latest safety regulations
- A general service and adjustment to improve operation of the door, minimizing failures and breakdowns
- Mechanical & electrical fault finding
- Minor repairs and service parts included
- A comprehensive report on the condition of the door, and certificate of maintenance for clients records.
What’s not included
- Extensive repairs or safety upgrades, unless quoted for and agreed with the customer
- Parts not deemed service parts
Inspections & Services Included:
- Condition of the structure the door is fitted to
- Check & adjust all mounting fixings (minor replacements included)
- Check & adjust all integral fixings (minor replacements included)
- Check & adjust the alignment, both vertically and horizontal, of the door structure. Minor adjustments are included where possible, major adjustments not included
- Check the overall condition of the door structure, guides, and barrel. (Minor straightening of components is included where possible)
- Check the condition and alignment of shafts, bearings, drums etc
- Check the condition and length of cables. Replacements are not included within the standard service
- Check the condition of tension springs (where visible)
- Check the condition of mechanical braking systems
- Check the condition and alignment of gearing & drive chain systems etc
- Check & adjust alignment (minor adjustments included, but full curtain redress not included)
- Check the condition of the curtain/blade/leaf (minor straightening of components is included where possible)
- Check the condition of the endlocks (minor replacements included, but curtain redress not included)
- Check the condition of windlocks (minor replacements included, but curtain redress not included)
- Check the condition of hinging, strapping, and zip systems
- Check the condition of any auxiliary components i.e glazing systems, storm protection etc
- Check & adjust wheel brackets and wheels
- Check the condition of the power supply terminal. (Any works to the terminal, back to and including the distribution board, is the responsibility of others)
- Check the condition of the door cable routing (minor repairs included, more involved re-wires not included)
- Check the provision and quality of an Earth connection
- Check the condition and connection of the control station
- Check the condition and connection of any auxiliary components eg. Battery Back Up
- Check the condition and positioning of any safety sensors. Major relocations not included
- Check the condition of any seals, floor, guide, soffit etc
- Clear debris from guides or tracking system
- Light lubrication of guides, bearings, springs, hinges, pickets, and gearing where required.
- Replace any safety batteries where applicable (batteries not included)
- Check the correct door operation, safety, and interlocking
- Check the correct activation and sealing of fire shutters
At the end of the service and inspection, a report will be issued to the customer outlining the condition of the door and whether it meets latest safety regulations, or was insufficiently accessible to complete the necessary safety inspections. Any major repairs and modifications will be quoted for against the reports.
Doors that pose an immediate risk to operators or third persons will be disabled from use and the client notified immediately.
Sufficient access is required to enable the inspections of the door, especially at high level where the drive system is located. It is the clients responsibility to ensure any obstructions are removed prior to our attendance. Upon our arrival, if the access is insufficient, the engineers will complete as many checks and service works as possible, and the report will notify the client of this.
Prices start from £90.00+VAT for the first door, and additional doors as low as £55+VAT each, dependant on site location, time of visit, and number of doors.