Extended Warranty 24 Month
BIS Door Systems products are manufactured to the highest quality standards and leave our factory only after rigorous quality testing. However, if you should have grounds for complaint, this document tells you what our door warranty offers.
Scope of Warranty
1. Subject to the conditions below and the implementation of the maintenance agreement, we will rectify defects affecting the equipment which are clearly attributable to material, manufacturing faults, and/or installation provided they are reported immediately after being identified, and within 24 months of the mechanical installation date.
2. We pledge at our discretion either to exchange the defective merchandise for faultless merchandise, repair it or allow a reduction in price. Replaced parts become our property. Services provided under warranty neither extend the warranty period nor commence a new warranty period. The warranty period for spare parts fitted ends with the expiry of the warranty period of the equipment.
3. The warranty does not apply to any defect or loss arising as a result of:
a. Failure to follow any instructions and guidance issued by BIS Door Systems as to the installation, operation, maintenance or repair of the goods. It is the customer’s responsibility to request instructions and guidance where they have been lost or damaged or none were originally provided, before installing the goods or otherwise operating, maintaining or repairing them;
b. Any brickworks, masonary, rendered or other surfaces cracking or collapsing during installation;
c. Any defect or deterioration of timber after installation;
d. Any weakening or collapse of the structure to which the goods are affixed during or at any time after installation;
e. Any operation or use of the goods after any other defect or damage has become apparent;
f. Any fault or surge in the customer’s electricity supply;
g. Any alteration or modification to the goods without BIS Door System’s prior written consent;
h. Any rubbing or scuff marks as a result of normal operation;
i. Negligent or wanton destruction;
j. External influences such as fire, water, salts, alkaline solutions, acids, abnormal environmental influences;
k. Priming and other surface protection treatments;
l. Misuse, alteration, or repair by non-approved persons;
m. Using parts without the approval of the BIS Door Systems;
n. Removal of the product number or making it unidentifiable;
o. Failure to pay for the supply and/or installation of the goods by the due date; and
p. Damages caused by others that are not repaired causing an adverse effect on the operation of the equipment and thus causing un-warranted wear to components.
4. The warranty does not extend to cover:
a. Any consumables (e.g. fuses, batteries, bulbs etc.);
b. Any marks, distortion, stains, blemishes, indentations or scuffs which are not observable from a distance of at least three metres away in natural light (not direct sunlight);
c. Glazing; d. Safety brake devices on manually operated doors; and
e. Consequential lose or damages.
5. The warranty is subject to:
a. Regular service and inspections completed as agreed within the Extended Warranty Maintenance Agreement
b. Receipt of the monthly Direct Debit payments in full
c. Receipt of payment for any chargeable call outs by their respective due dates
Your Cancellation and Termination Rights
6. You may cancel the extended warranty maintenance agreement with 30 days notice in writing. You are not entitled to a refund of months covered to date, but will be refunded any monies paid for unexpired months if applicable
7. Cancellation of the contract for the Extended Warranty Maintenance Agreement does not affect your Standard Warranty
8. We reserve the right to invalidate the warranty in the event of physical or verbal abuse towards any member of our staff Events Outside Our Control
9. We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under this contract that is caused by events outside our reasonable control (Force Majeure Event).
10. A Force Majeure Event includes any act, event, non-happening, omission or accident beyond our reasonable control and includes in particular (without limitation) the following:
a. Strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action;
b. Civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war;
c. Fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or pandemic or other natural disaster;
d. Impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport;
e. Impossibility of the use of public or private telecommunications networks; and
f. The acts, decrees, legislation, regulations or restrictions of any government.
11. If any of these terms and conditions are determined by any competent authority to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, such term, condition or provision will to that extent be severed from the remaining terms, conditions and provisions which will continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by law.